5 Ways to Beat Procrastination
Time for another Fast Tips Fridays! What do you do to deal with procrastination? Here are my top 5 tips!
- Learn the strategy of Time Blocking. You’re less likely to engage in distraction with a clear plan that signals what you’re actually being distracted from.
- Procrastination is a way of avoiding discomfort. Identify what that discomfort is and either remove the barrier to entry or mindfully engage it.
- Use the 10-minute rule. Agree you’ll do what you’re avoiding for 10 minutes and then give yourself the choice to do something else. Step by step!
- Do some jumping jacks or anything that boosts cardio and cerebral blood flow (CBF). Sometimes a fresh oxygen supply helps us shift gears.
- Take an intentional break. Do something other than the task you’re avoiding but which is still purposeful. Return to the task later with a fresh perspective.