5 Ways to be More Nimble (Fast Tips Fridays)
Nimble is my word of the year (more here)! These are some of the aspects of nimbleness I’ve been reflecting on and trying to put into practice…
- Change plans without changing priorities. Be flexible about the route you take toward achieving goals without sabotaging the intended destination.
- Be responsive (rather than avoidant or impulsive) to emails, requests, and projects – even when that means saying no, asking for extensions, or being honest about your limitations.
- Keep a lean business (and life) structure so you can be agile and light-footed in work and elsewhere.
- Life is rarely predictable and fully in our control. Seek a middle path between rigidity (forcing life to conform to your plan) and resignation (assuming you are powerless to move forward) with regard to goals.
- Stay curious, growth oriented, and don’t depend on constancy at all costs to maintain your equilibrium.