We’re Going on Summer Break, Plus Strategies for Work-Related Writing
This is our last episode until the fall! We’ll miss you! Check out our episode archives here: www.writingonwednesdays.com
On to today’s episode…
When you’re writing for your job, start with your why–why do you write for this organization? What’s the purpose of your writing, for you and for them.
4 Challenges in Work-Related Writing
- You don’t “get” your company’s brand or mission well enough for the writing you do to feel intentional.
- You do get the brand of your employer but feel limited because you don’t have full creative license over the content you create.
- The writing probably isn’t your intellectual property and might not have your name attached.
- Balancing your personal writing with your work-related writing can be difficult.
Resources we mention in this episode:
- The First 100 Days of Your New Nonprofit Communications Job (https://www.nonprofitmarketingguide.com/resources/book/download-the-first-100-days-e-book/)
- The transcription service Temi.com (https://www.temi.com/)
Join the conversation in the Writing on Wednesdays Facebook Group! (https://www.facebook.com/groups/WritingonWednesdays/)
Until next time,
Nicole Roccas – www.nicoleroccas.com
Sarah Bereza – www.sarah-bereza.com